Friday, May 17, 2013

Master Pieces: Art and Culinary Fusion

Frank Restaurant at the AGO in Toronto


Terzo Piano in the Modern Wing at The Art Institute of Chicago


Le Georges at Centre Georges Pompidou


Nerua at the Guggenheim Museum, Bilbao


I love a lot of things but two things high on my list .... great museums and eating.  

Or maybe eating and great museums.  Doesn't matter the order I suppose.  Both are wonderful and for me, both are vital.

In today's art world it is becoming the norm that the best museums are home to some amazingly creative fine dining.  World class chefs are being wooed by world class museums to create their own culinary "masterpieces".   Enjoying works of art from the grand masters and being able to take a break over an artfully prepared meal and glass of wine enhances the whole experience.  These restaurants are becoming destinations in their own right whether one enters the museum or not.

Departures Magazine just came out with an article showcasing what they consider to be the top 10 museum restaurants in the world.  The ones featured here are those that I've been lucky enough to eat at.  And I highly recommend each one.  Frank's in Toronto and Nerua in Balbao would share top honors in my book.  Le Georges can't be beat for the view.

Here's a link to the article and next week I'll share some of my personal favorites found right here in Paris.

Good weekend everyone
H

No comments:

Post a Comment