Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Happy Spring & Macarons


Happy Spring...hope wherever you are, you're feeling it.

And, Happy Macaron Day!

I didn't know a day for these special treats existed, but they are certainly deserving.  These airy confections can be found on every dessert menu in Paris, as well as, in neighborhood patisseries and high end gourmet shops.  Their creation is an art form here in France and taken very seriously.  Like everything, some are much better than others. Tastings take place yearly to determine the best with judging based on the texture of both the cookie or cake (crunchy on the outside but soft inside) and the creaminess of the filling.  As I write this, I am thinking about my favorites and KNOW I'll be heading out to pick some up today.

My favorites can be found at Laduree. The delicate crunch of the cookie and creamy filling work together beautifully.  And the flavors....for me it's a toss up between chocolat and pistache.   Judging by the lines out the door on a daily basis at all their Paris locations,  I'm not the only one who enjoys their take on these miniature confections.

Just one more example of what makes Paris....Paris.
H




1 comment:

  1. Try the Marie Antoinette tea flavored ones at Laduree if you haven't already. Loaded up on 2 dozen at CDG before my flight back to Maine last week.

    ReplyDelete