Friday, April 5, 2013

How My Mind Works and What Lies Underfoot

 The other day I posted this photo on my Facebook page...


Flooring by TingLondon

... floor or wall tiles made with vintage leather belt straps.  Back in my Trading Spaces days, I would have been all over this idea.  The homeowners might not have been but where's the drama in them loving everything, right?  And, admit it, if you watched the show, you wanted drama! 

Then, this morning on my Facebook feed was this image:  

Gustave Caillebotte, The Floor Scrapers

.... three men scrapping the finish off floors in what looks to be a very Haussmanian apartment in Paris.  Now, I have this sense of floors sort of "following me" which in turn took me over to Pinterest, searching for floor ideas.  Welcome to the black hole.  There's some crazy, fun finishes out there these days.  Like ...



a beautiful mosaic that becomes completely contemporary with the addition of stone and stainless steel by Parchettifico




Some kind of resin technology that allows for all sorts of design reproductions.  Floor by Senso



Leather-like crocodile skin.  You could get lost forever on Quadrolegno's site




I love the mix of materials...in an open space you can create smaller "rooms" with this




Bold color and pattern




For some of you, if you have enough champagne or wine corks lying around, you've got a perfect DIY project just waiting for you this weekend.  You might want to finish the floor before you open another bottle!

On that thought, enjoy!
H


No comments:

Post a Comment