Friday, April 19, 2013

India: Color and Inspiration


















As I mentioned in my last post,  sound,  aroma,  and color are all magnified in India making life in the cities frenetic. Occasionally, overwhelming until you get your bearings.  Same thing can be said for the wildlife.  

The colors in nature here are more saturated.  Richer, as if they've been carefully tended to become the best and most beautiful they could possibly be.  Indigenous flora and fauna become magical when a visitor looks at it for the first time.  To be surrounded by all of this natural abundance for a few days was a gift.  

I look for inspiration all around me, whether I'm home in Paris or visiting new places for the first time.  
For example, these pictures offer color combinations that would work in a variety of projects.  Upload them into a color generator and you'll get a palette to work with for fabric or paint choices.  Or, I could frame this series of photos to hang on a wall.  Everything is possible.  

Just depends on how open our eyes are. 

Enjoy your weekend. 
H

No comments:

Post a Comment